HOW TO HAVE MAJOR GROWTH IN 2023 AND 2024
August 1, 2023
Here are a few ideas to help grow your donors and income in these troubled economic times:
1. Of course, reach out to the 3,500,000 known conservative donors, but in addition seek donors in non-political lists. How can the conservative movement grow if conservative organizations/candidates only solicit to the same 3,500,000 conservative donors that a hundred other conservative nonprofits are also asking for money?
How do you find new donors? Simple-write appeals to specific categories of potential donors, e.g., veterans, seniors, sportsmen, parents, grandparents, Hispanics, Catholics, Evangelicals, Jews, etc., etc.
Write the appeal to explain how Democrat policies and programs are hurting that interest group, then propose one or more projects that will help solve the problem. For example, test lists of seniors and explain how Democrat policies and programs are putting into great risk the financial retirement plans for seniors and offer a solution.
2. If you rely on postal/email mailings for most of your income, you'll never be competitive against your liberal counterpart.
Yes, I know many/most liberal nonprofits receive lots of money from the government, leftwing foundations, major leftwing donors like Zuckerberg, Bloomberg, Gates, etc., but they also have hundreds of thousands of wealthy liberals that give large gifts because the liberal nonprofit has a professional development department that asks for major gifts.
If you don't have a professional high-dollar fundraising/development program, you probably shouldn't be running a nonprofit or a political campaign.
3. Do you have a Position (hole in the marketplace?)
4. Do you Differentiate publicly from your competition?
5. Do you offer a Benefit?
6. Do you have a BRAND? A brand is so important it can be thought as of the whole ballgame. A brand is when you "own/dominate" a category.
7. Do you have a Tagline? And if anyone else can properly use your tag line, tear it up and keep writing until you come up with one that works only for you.
Next week, we’ll continue this discussion on how to have major growth in 2023 and 2024.
This free post is brought to you by American Target Advertising™ (ATA) and American Mailing Lists Corporation™—“Conservative Donors R Us.” ATA was the world’s first conservative direct marketing agency and still is the largest with over 80 team members (increasing to 135 by 2024) that will mail over 300,000,000 postal letters in the 2023-2024 election cycle for 40+ clients who will receive over 7,000,000 donations from over 2,500,000 unique donors.
Much of the information in GoRightGoBig.com is from Richard A. Viguerie’s new book, GO BIG – The Marketing “Secrets” of Richard A. Viguerie. Copies for yourself or as a gift can be ordered at GoBigConservatives.com or GoRightGoBig.com, or at your favorite online bookstore.
If you wish to buy copies to be given free to high school or college students to encourage them to seek a career in conservative politics/marketing, go to GoBigConservatives.com.
To subscribe FREE to GO RIGHT - GO BIG blog, click here.